Monday, May 9, 2011

A more beautiful woman never lived. Pic 002 of 500


Celina Jemio Fossati
 For my second post, I have decided to share an image of my grandmother. She was 90 years old in this picture and died a year later in 2008.  She lead what many would easily say was a great life.  Born in 1917 in a remote village in Bolivia South America.  She married young to a man who said he wanted a large family.  She gave him 5 kids. 

This core of 7 grew to over 60.  These 60+ are my family and I would do anything for them. She and my grandfather who died in 1994 lead an extraordinary life.  From humble beginnings, they rose in politics, banking, industry.  They built a hotel, he ran for national office, ran the national bank.  Together they toured Europe on a year long honeymoon... and later in life met the Kennedy’s; he at a banking conference; she for afternoon tea. 

One of the last things she told me on my next to last visit with her was "When I die, do not feel too sad for too long.  I have lived a long and happy life.  I caused no one any harm and I am not afraid to die."    Now THAT is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment